Thursday, May 1, 2008

It's Children's Week!

Today kicks off Children's Week, where denziens of Azeroth can put down their weapons for a few hours (or days) to care for an orphan. Whistles used to summon the orphans have an expiration, so while some people (like me) try to finish their quest and return the whistle quickly, other people prefer to run around with an orphan for as long as the whistle is still valid. Originally, the whistles had no timer, but this was changed to keep individuals from having a "pet" orphan.

WarcraftPets.com has a wonderful guide for quests offered during Children's Week - both Azeroth and Outland chains for Horde and Alliance. I found the Azeroth/Horde guide to be very helpful as I had missed out on the event the past few years.

In being a packrat, I'm attempting to complete the Azeroth quest series for all of my characters. Yet, I don't want to roll a character later on in the year and regret missing Children's Week. So, I've been contemplating what other classes and characters I'd like to play, now or in the future. My goal is to have each character hit level 10 and finish their quest before the event ends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a pet orphan!

iHasRP said...

It'd be neat if they'd let you "adopt" an orphan.

/em dreams of roleplaying possibilities.

World of Warcraft™ and Blizzard Entertainment® are all trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment in the United States and/or other countries. These terms and all related materials, logos, and images are copyright © Blizzard Entertainment. This site is in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment®