Saturday, May 3, 2008

Gone Fishin'

Ah, life. Hectic and unpredictable. Although I was going to post something yesterday, life threw a curveball. Today, I only have a short period of time to write, and then won't get a chance (more than likely) until next Tuesday.

So, I wondered, what's a topic that can take up both a great amount of time or hardly any at all?

Fishing!

Fishing, both in WoW and real life, is a topic that can make for great conversation. All of those fishing stories, the Fishcrafting* and even discussion about clothing and gear choices.

I'd love to spend a while writing about ingame fishing, but I've not the time. However, with the weekly Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza being held tomorrow on a server near you, I thought I'd share a gem of a website you may've not heard about.

It's run by a Gnome, but do not let that fact sway your decision to click the link!

El's Extreme Anglin' is a wonderful site, covering all sorts of fishing topics from gear to garb and even tactics. This crafty little Gnome has a compendium of knowledge to share. Check out her Fishing Gear section - it's a proven fact that alcohol, in this case,
Captain Rumsey's Lager, and fishing go hand in hand.

Currently, I'm using a Strong Fishing Pole and
Aquadynamic Fish Attractors, but I can't wait to get my hands on a Big Iron Fishing Pole and then one day, hopefully an Arcanite Fishing Pole!

Now get out there and have some fun!


*Fishcrafting - does such a term exist? There's theorycrafting, jumpcrafting and even lorecrafting, so I'd not be surprised if the answer is "yes"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's an Arcanite fishing pole? I know what to set my sights on now! Fishing: the best little mini-game in WoW. :)

Anonymous said...

I loathe fishing with a burning hatred that can only be compared with my utter dislike for Gruul (he who shall not be named in my raid for fear of incurring my wrath). I find it so tedious and dull, especially when I can do other things like farm, instance, raid, or interact with other people.

When I was in my old roleplaying guild (which had a decidedly military theme), my perky priestess was chastised by her superior officer for doing something wrong, though I can't remember what. Rather than demote her or assign her to washing the dishes or some other punishment, he made her fish until she caught some specific number of different types from different areas.

Can you imagine a normally-enthusiastic and bubbly seventeen year old being told that she has to stand still for a couple of hours in one spot to fish and do so quietly? It was almost as hard on her as it was on me!

World of Warcraft™ and Blizzard Entertainment® are all trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment in the United States and/or other countries. These terms and all related materials, logos, and images are copyright © Blizzard Entertainment. This site is in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment®