Thursday, April 3, 2008

Su's Su.

Say hello to Su and Sae.

Su's the tall one, Sae's the furry one.

Su's full name is "Sunadisa". "Sae" remains as is.

Sunadisa is one of the characters I have been playing as an alt to Avanina. In this screenshot, she and her Lynx are level 14. I'd be using a creative term to replace "level" but I'm talking out of character (OOC). Isn't roleplaying (or lack thereof) awesome!? Aside... While my last and most accomplished character was a Marksman hunter, Su is studying how to be strong, through her pet's strength. Or was it "Sae will become strong through Su's strength"...? Suffice to say, she's climbing the Beast Mastery tree.

[[We interrupt this blog post for a plug. Commence Plug!]]

Either way, this decision came from reading BigRedKitty's blog. If you are a hunter, read it. If you're not a hunter, read it. BRK's blog is thoroughly educational and entertaining!

[[Conclude Plug!]]

I've had hunters in the past, and have always enjoyed roleplaying them because the pet itself can add more detail and interest to whatever is going on. Perhaps the hunter is friends with someone, but their pet doesn't like that someone and decides to growl, hiss, or even worse.... defecate on them. Oh no!

I can /em for my hunter, but also for my pet. Traditionally, emoting for one's pet might be typed as such:

/em 's pet, (PET NAME), (DOES SOME STUFF).

or perhaps,

/em watches (PET NAME) (DO MORE STUFF).

There has been a wonderful addon, aptly named "PetEmote", available to hunters and warlocks since mid-2006. I thoroughly love this addon - I've used it since it was released and never want to see it stop working. I will save further gushing about this addon for a later date, as to dispense my mind-numbing ranting in easy-to-absorb doses. Savvy!?

I have no idea why Blizzard has never added the /pet command for making a pet look like it is emoting. My guess is that Blizzard coders do not want to program something that could be misused by players to slander others. A misuse might be:

/pet is a (insert obligatory swear word here).

Where the pet is named after a guildmate the hunter may not like. Very petty, yes, but that's how some people are.

Su's not that type of girl, don't you worry. Su's biggest problem is the fact that she has a poor command of language in general. Poor girl.

0 comments:

World of Warcraft™ and Blizzard Entertainment® are all trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment in the United States and/or other countries. These terms and all related materials, logos, and images are copyright © Blizzard Entertainment. This site is in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment®